Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Cute Critters” – showcasing their card/project with adorable animals, birds, or insects for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Let’s fly away with the Butterfly Duet Punch!
I wanted to create a card that would allow the recipient to have some dynamic interaction with it. In the photos below you can see a couple different views in different lighting. Look at how gorgeous the shadow butterflies are in the picture on the right. The shadows form additional butterflies and that appear to take flight as the card is moved. So fun, right?!
- Punch 12 sets of butterflies (small and large) with the Butterfly Duet Punch (see my color combination above)
- Score down the center of each large butterfly
- Gently fold at the score line, match one side to another large butterfly of the same color and adhere with glue
- Repeat above until all 12 large butterflies are adhered to their matching partner
- I then used a ruler and a pencil and found the center of my base that I was going to adhere the butterflies to
- Start by adhering the two center butterflies first
- I used a clear ruler to have a gauge of where the tops of the wings should go and get those lined up pretty well
- I then repeated the above step with the top and bottom rows
- Remember to squish the wing portions you are gluing to the card base inwards as you don’t want them to have a curve
- I used the small butterflies on the inside of the card and the envelope
- FYI: You can fold the middle upright wing to the side to insert into the envelope
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 14th when our theme is “Great Family Occasions” when our Design Team creates a project for any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple