Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop
This month, the theme is Sale-A-Bration. We hope that you will be inspired by the creations the Pals are sharing with you! Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Detailed Dogwood is a beautiful stamp set with a vintage vibe but I wanted to see if I could give it a modern feel. Here’s what I came up with.
- Colors ~ Petal Pink, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lolly, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Basic White
- See pictures above to reference all the pieces and strip alignment (layer 3)
- Card base ~ 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ in Basic White
- Layer 1 ~ 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ in Basic White | emboss with the Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder | adhere to card base front
- Layer 2 ~ 5-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ in Basic White | this piece will be adhered to the embossed piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals | wait to adhere until colored cardstock strips are adhered (see layer 3)
- Layer 3 ~ 5-1/2″ x 1/2″ (5 total) 1 each in Petal Pink, Calypso Coral, Lemon Lolly, Lost Lagoon and Pool Party | stamp each piece with dot stamp from the Detailed Dogwood set in coordinating color (tone on tone) | adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (this gives you time to move them if needed) to Layer 2 | start with the outer 2 colors | a clear ruller helps but isn’t necessary | then the center color | then the last two colors | add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the Basic White layer 2 to adhere to layer 1
- Layer 4 ~Using a scrap piece of each of the five colors listed above, stamp the flower and leaf branch in the coordinating color| fussy cut | use bone folder to gently curve and shape | adhere leaf branch first with Multipurpose Liquid Glue | flowers are adhered with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional
- Sentiment ~ the hello is from the hello there stamp in the Softly Sophisticated set | color just the hello portion with Pecan Pie Stampin’ Write Marker and stamp onto Basic White scrap | punch with the Best Label Punch | use a Stampin’ Dimensional to adhere and tuck under flower
- Embellish flower centers with the small sized Cork Rounds
Here’s a closer look at the details and layers of my card.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month, when our theme will be “Love is in the Air” on February 14th.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs – You are here!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Pamela Sadler
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
Detailed Dogwood (#162953) ~ Select this cling stamp set for FREE with a $100 order (before tax and S & H). Not only is the stamp set filled with beautiful flowers and gorgeous textures, but the single flower coordinates with the Petal Park Builder Punch (I don’t have this punch so I just fussy cut mine) in the Annual Catalog. What a great bonus! Here’s a look at the Detailed Dogwood stamp set: