Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Seasons’ Greetings. This month’s design team members showcase projects inspired by their favorite seasonal time of the year. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Rustic Harvest Mini Folio Fun
I really enjoy making folios and for today’s hop I have made a mini 4″x4″ folio with the Rustic Harvest DSP! This little cutie doesn’t even have any stamping. It may look unassuming but open it up and let the fun begin! These are great for gift giving, scrapbooking, as a fun fold card with lots of room for people to write, journal a special trip or event, etc.
The picture collage below gives you a flip through of the mini folio. When the folio is completely unfolded, the middle section measures 20 inches across and is a tad hard to photograph in its entirety.
4″x4″ Folio Details
Here are the measurements and cutting instructions for this cute little folio. I hope you’ll give one a try! Let me know if you have any questions.
Cardstock Pieces, Measurements and Scoring
- (1) Piece of cardstock cut to 8-1/2″x8″
- Score on the 8-1/2″ side at 2′, 2-1/2″, 6-1/2″ and 7″
- Turn and score the 8″ side at 1-1/2″, 2″, 6″, 6-1/4″
- You will need to cut away the four corners all the way to the inside score lines. Refer to diagram below.
- (2) Pieces of cardstock cut to 8″x4″
- Score both pieces at 4″ – Adhere (1) to the Left Flap and (1) to the Right Flap with the (V) pointed inward. Do not glue past the outter most score line or your gussets won’t close properly. I used Multipurpose Glue to adhere and gave it a test fold to make sure it closed properly. You will notice that the Right Flap gusset is smaller at a 1/4″ because this side folds in first.
- (1) Piece of cardstock cut to 4″x4″ – Adhere to the Bottom Flap.
- It doesn’t matter whether or not you adhere the pieces to the inside or outside as you will be covering them all with DSP.
Designer Series Paper Pieces and Measurements
- (12) Pieces of DSP cut to 3-3/4″x3-3/4″ – These are for ALL the pages, front and back covers.
- (2) Pieces of DSP cut to 1-1/4″x3-3/4″ – These are for the inside and outside of the Top Flap. Use the Very Best Trio Punch to create decorative corners if desired. You will need to punch the cardstock Top Flap as well.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Adhere magnet set to the cardstock inside of the Top Flap and to the outside of the Bottom Flap that has the 4″x4″ piece already attached BEFORE decorating with the DSP pieces. See picture below for magnet placement tips.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 14th. Our theme will be Focus on the Sentiment, when the design team will showcase a sentiment as the focal point of their project.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs – YOU ARE HERE
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
Today’s Supply List:
Additional supply item not listed below is a magnet set for the closure.