Sending Lots of Love is a big bold beautiful statement stamp from the Lots of Love set. It says a lot so I simply stamped it on a beautiful watercolor background and accented it with a flower.
To make the background you will meed the following:
- Tracing paper
- Watercolor Paper
- Ink Refills (3 Colors)
- Stampin’ Spritzer (Water & Rubbing Alcohol Mix)
Here are the steps to make the background:
- Take the tracing paper and fold it in half.
- Take your lightest ink refill and drop and/or swirl onto the tracing paper. Don’t over do it.
- Take the next lightest ink refill color and do the same.
- Then repeat with the darkest. Note that there should be space between all of your drops and don’t over do it with the dark color as it gets muddy.
- Take your Stampin’ Spritzer with the water 20% / rubbing alcohol 80% mixture in it and spritz the ink refill drops and swirls generously until the colors start to run and bleed together.
- Take your watercolor paper that is cut down to the size you need for your card front and lay it down on the ink.
- Take the other half of the tracing paper and fold close over the watercolor paper.
- Rub your hands over the closed tracing paper.
- Open and lift off the watercolor paper.
- You will have a very unique background.
- Make sure it is completely dry prior to stamp over the color. /you can use a heat gun for a quicker drying time if so desired.
Today’s Supply List: