Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Today I am sharing the rubber band technique. This is a fun and easy way to make unique backgrounds or add it to any other element that you choose for your cards.
Start by wrapping various rubber bands around the clear block of your choice as seen below. There is no right or wrong! I like to use a mix of good old-fashioned rubber bands and old hair ties as they add a little texture.
Next you will stamp at random on your sheet of card stock by starting with your lightest color. I then wipe it with a baby wipe and move on to the darker color. Don’t worry….no blocks were harmed in the making of this card. LOL!
Here is my finished card and matching envelope. Isn’t it fun?
I was able to turn the rubber band block over and get a totally different pattern. See the start of another background below.
I hope this inspires you to have some rubber band fun of your own!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love
Color inspiration used for this project:
Today’s Supply List: