Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Home for the Holidays. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Peace & Joy Cardinal Card
I wanted to put the sweet little cardinal from the So Very Merry Stamp Set to use so I created this fun square style card.
For many bird lovers, the sight of a cardinal holds special meaning, sometimes evoking emotional or spiritual feelings. They say the vibrant red bird is an uplifting, happy sign that those we have lost will live forever, so long as we keep their memory alive in our hearts.
We have quite a few that live in our neighborhood and they always bring a smile to my face and represent a little piece of home in my heart because it’s as if a loved one is saying hello.
- See picture above for card layer reference
- Card base ~ 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″ in Shaded Spruce
- Layer 1 ~ 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ in the Shaded Spruce side of the above berry sheet from the Joy of Christmas DSP | adhered directly to card base front
- Layer 2 ~ 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ in Basic Black | popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Layer 3 ~ 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ in the berry side of the above sheet from the Joy of Christmas DSP | adhered directly to Basic Black piece
- Interior Layer ~ 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ in Basic White | adhered directly to card base interior
- Scrap piece of Basic White big enough to punch with 2-3/8″ Circle Punch | popped with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Basic White Medium Envelope
- Stamp the cardinal from the So Very Merry Online Exclusive Stamp Set onto the scrap piece, interior layer and envelope
- Color with choice of Stampin’ Blends
- Add embellishments of choice
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month, when our theme will be Winter Wonderland.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs – You are here!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’